MS300 Recumbent Total Body Stepper
The Spirit Medical Systems Group Semi-Recumbent Stepper is intended to be used in aiding in the physical rehabilitation process for patients with orthopedic and neurological problems. Also used in sports medicine, wellness and general conditioning programs.
Speciality: Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Neurological and Cardiac Rehabilitation, Senior Rehab and Wellness Training
The MS300 facilitates full-body exercise in coordinated, linear, and natural 1:1 leg to arm motion. Self-adjustable stroke length accommodates patients’ specific range of motion capabilities, providing low impact movement for knees, ankles, and hips in a semi-recumbent position. MS300’s unique quadrilateral exercise pattern allows users to selectively distribute different extent of exercise efforts across their four limbs. Those limbs that input more force can efficiently lead less involved limbs to functional movements and maintain elevated heart rate. A low inertia starting at 5 watts translates to smoothness; the work rate can increase up to 750 watts, accompanied by different step speeds of the user’s choice.
Typical applications for this product are:
- Patient warm up before physical therapy session
- Have the patient pedal to improve range of motion after knee / hip / ankle / shoulder or wrist surgery.
- Allow patients to perform cardiovascular exercise
Unique uses for the Spirit MS300:
- Self adjustable step length allows patients to pedal in smaller range of knee motion, from 5 degrees to full range.
- Arms are linked with a 1 to 1 ratio to the foot pedals for ease of coordination. Arms can also be used alone without stepping with feet.
- Symmetry program measures balance between left and right pedal and/or arm stroke.
- Graphical Bio-feedback display motivates patients to maintain even power symmetry between left and right legs. If measuring arms only the graph and power readings will be reversed.
Other features of the MS300:
- Work range up to 750 watts.
- Indexed seat positioning accommodates users from 4' 10" to 6' 7"
- Heart Rate monitoring using the hand grips or optional heart rate chest-strap.