The PowerLine Smith Machine is a true powerhouse that is often imitated but never duplicated. It's a sophisticated combination of free weight power and resistance coupled with the safety and control of a machine. It uses four 2" x2" 12 gauge steel pillars to support and guide the patented Super-Glide carriage during your most vigorous sets.
PowerLine has taken the best equipment out of the health club and engineered it to their own uncompromising standards, and best of all, we made it affordable!
- Weight plates and collars optional
- 14 lockout positions and adjustable safeties assure the lifter ultimate safety while striving for greater muscle gains.
- Bar is 1" Dia. Pictured with Optional Olympic Adapter Sleeves #OAS14
- Extra long twin carriages have long-life patented Super-Glide nylon bushings for frictionless movement and performance over 2"square, high polished chrome guide bars.
- The ladder-type mainframe features full length, heavy-duty 12 gauge square pillars with 14 crossmember Lock-Out Points providing a solid foundation for the Safety Spotter Catches during the heaviest routines.
- Another high-tech feature standard on the PowerLine Smith Machine is the dual-lock Safety Spotter Catch System. It prevents the bar from pinning the user in a max-out situation by simply turning the pivot sleeve only 15°.
- Deeply knurled single pivot sleeve with positive glide roll radius was created to transfer lifting movements smoothly to the Safety Spotter Catches. Deemed a sophisticated dual-safety anti-slip lockout system, it operates independently from the main cross bar and simply locks in place with a quick turn of the wrists.
- Heavy-duty Adjustable Safeties equip you for the unexpected. Jumbo pop pins are quickly and easily adjusted to help you come to a safer, predetermined stop with greater straight-line stability.
- 1" smith bar is rated for 400lbs of weight
- Assembled Dimensions: 80"H x 45"L x 76"W.
I'm very pleased with this purchase for my home gym! It's a sturdy, compact smith machine that has exceeded my expectations. My only complaint is that although it wasn't too hard to assemble (I did it by myself, in about 3 hours), the 8m nylon bushings for the carriage are next to impossible to get into place, even with pliers. I was only able to only get 10 in place out of 16 holes, but it doesn't affect usage.